Salammorning Headquarters
The Salammorning Headquarters, located in the Castle district on The Terrace of the Mist, was the emblematic place of the most reputable newspaper in Laelith. This imposing building, attached to the Bath-Oh! district, had a robust and martial architecture, testifying to its past as a fortification. Some even say that an ancient citadel once watched over this district.
Despite its austerity, the Salammorning Headquarters attracted restaurateurs who saw its banquet halls as excellent venues for events. The countless vaulted cellars were also used to store goods or accommodate mysterious clients discreetly. Thus, this building attracted a surprising mix of high society personalities and others less recommendable.
Unfortunately, the tragic fate of the Salammorning precipitated its disappearance. Indeed, in ARD 1016, a vindictive crowd came to demonstrate in front of the Headquarters of the newspaper. Tensions quickly escalated and the protesters ended up breaking down the door and invading the premises. A fire broke out, resulting in the death of five protesters and two journalists, burned alive during the collapse of the second floor. Only a brave editor managed to escape by jumping out a window, taking with him several parchments.
With the destruction of the Salammorning Headquarters, a part of the soul of Laelith flies away. This place was the symbol of information and truth in the city. But there is no doubt that other media will take up the torch to continue to enlighten the citizens about the affairs of the city.
